Sunday, June 21, 2015

Babies and Birthdays

Two good friends had birthdays this month so I got busy and made some gifts. They both are crafters, one a knitter and the other a quilter.

The knitting needle roll and ditty bag are free patterns from Martingale - Knitter's Trio by Karen Costello Soltya

Knitting needle roll

Individual pockets for the knitting needles - not a good colour here but wanted to show the needles in situ

Matching ditty bag (I had no idea what a ditty bag was but an English friend assured me it is a bag to store bits and pieces)
 The sewing bag is also from a free tutorial by Melissa Le Ray - Zipped Sewing Travel Case. This was such an easy pattern to make and the instructions were the best, I need to make one for myself now!

Inside, places for your threads and a plastic zipped pocket.

More pockets for odds and ends

The squares are Glamping designed by MaryJane Butters of MaryJane’s Farm for Moda


Then there were babies to welcome!

My great-great nephew Jason received this quilt. Kissing Fish by Lee Heinrich www.freshlypieced.com 

Receiving blanket from a tutorial by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company

So easy to make!

Bib is from a free pattern by Rachel Measham-Pywell for Sew Mama Sew.

So easy to make I had to do more!



Quilt made for a friend's grandson, William. I adapted this from a free pattern Rooftops by Amy Sinibaldi of Nana Company. Love the pirates!

This is basket is so handy! It is a free tutorial from Kelby Sews (Hearts and Bees) I filled this with nappies with matching pooh bear on them! Very handy basket for anything really.

4 comments:

  1. so many beautiful finishes!
    love the kissing fishes quilt and the sewing case looks gorgeous.
    Might have to check out that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely things you have made.... those baby quilts are gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your makings, beautiful cases with all the pockets so handy and then the gorgeous baby quilts and bibs. Wonderful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lib. you sure have been busy. I love the hour basket with the nappies, what a great idea. I have made at least 10 of these baskets now, some for gifts and some for me. Perfect for holding projects.
    The quilts you made are beautiful, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...