Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Busy weekend

Long weekend in Tassie and my brother and sister-in-law from Melbourne popped over for a visit. Not a great start to the weekend for me as I had a sore back but didn't stop me from enjoying their company. Came right on Sunday and you couldn't stop us!

Saturday night we went with friends to Warung Indonesia - the anchovies with peanuts yummmmmm.

Then on Sunday morning off to Ethos for breakfast. Not sure what to say here, company was excellent, surroundings interesting and quite well done but don't go for the food. My fruit brioche was so burnt and overcooked it was inedible, mind you I think the name was a mistake as I couldn't find the fruit either. Service was pretty slow as well. If you are just going for a coffee and have plenty of time then it is worth a visit for a look around.


The muesli and yoghurt apparently OK.

The baked eggs varied, one was so overcooked that it was not enjoyed at all.

My fruit charcoal...nice flavour if you could get past the burn and the dryness, bit like dust in the mouth. Nuts but no fruit, nicely presented, apparently this is all that is needed.


Then we wandered around the farmers market - no photos and off to St David's Park for the Huskies Picnic - love them by no NO pets for me :)


How cute are they!


Navy band provided great entertainment in the rotunda.


Lots of fun for kids!



Yesterday was spent at Ranelagh for the Taste of Huon, lazing in our chairs watching the entertainment and eating Huon produce. It is a hard life but someone has to do it.


The Wolfe Brothers on stage.

1 comment:

  1. how disappointing about the breakfast. Glad the rest of the weekend picked up. Love the huskies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...