Saturday, August 18, 2012

It is Monday isn't it?

I did say I would come back and show what I had in the parcels! Well here is the story. I went to Melbourne for the weekend, staying with my brother and sister-in-law AND my daughter and granddaughter came down from New South Wales as well. Of course at the almost last moment I dedided I needed to take a few gifts.

First is for my brother and sister-in-law.

Within a few days this:

became this:


Then this:


And this (I know it seems to go on forever but in fact was quite a good quilt to make and only took a couple of days to finish)


 and then voila here it is!! Minus the binding as I don't seem to have a good photo of the real finished product.

The quilt is 50" square and perfect for a lap quilt on cold winter nights. I love the colours, the fabric is
Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fabrics and I bought the kit from
Sarah including a pattern she made up and has for free on her blog (scroll down the left hand menu).


Great value as I had hardly any fabric left over. What I did I used on the back.




Then of course there is this bag I made for my granddaughter, I love it and loved doing it. This is out of The Simple Life book.


This little bag is made with Japanese silk bought at the Japanese shop in Kingston, made for Jenny.


Then the little bag I made for Nicole with her tubby dog on the front. Loved making this too, also from the Simple Life book, I just might have to make the whole quilt as all the stitchings are so cute.




Yes I know - I just couldn't resist taking lots of photos of them!
Be back later with some photos of my weekend in Melbourne!

3 comments:

  1. what gorgeous gifts!
    Bet everyone loved them all!
    Hope you enjoyed your trip to melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goodies look lovely Lib! I hope your Brother and SIL loved their quilt. its such a easy pattern! Those H&P stuff are on my to do list as well :+)
    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the SIL's quilt, it's MY quilt for my old age in the nursing home - just the thing to brighten up a day. At the moment it has pride of place on the end of our bed (but that's just a ruse to lull the SIL into a false sense of security.

    Thanks for coming over. And the Greek meal on Saturday night was a highlight. Cheers/YBBIM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...