Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back in London

Tuesday 13th November
Walked over to Waterloo Station to catch the train to Axminster where Maureen and Denis were going to pick me up for a stay in Lyme Regis. I quite surprised myself by managing to find the right train at the right time and found a fantastic seat.


After a lovely lunch Maureen and I went for a walk around Lyme Regis. Since my very quick visit in 2004 a lot of work has been done by building up the beach so that the boathouses can stay all year round and work along the sea side with new facilities available.

Wednesday 14th November

The next morning we set off for a day out sightseeing. We drove along the coast to Chesil Beach where I was fascinated by all the little fishing tents along the beach. Quite a few people there fishing although I didn't see too much action!



Then on to Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens. What a lovely place, first established in 1765, the gardens have had a lot of work done to them since a big storm in 1990 and are well worth a visit. Interesting cafe and shop as well as a garden packed with different flowers and trees.

This is the view I saw from my bedroom window when I woke up this morning, how good is this!
Wednesday night we went to the Axminster Guild Hall to see a local production of Anything Goes. Maureen did all the costumes and they were fantastic! Such a lot of work with running repairs done this afternoon where I was able to help with a bit of handsewing on a beautiful beaded evening dress.
Thursday 15th November

Maureen and I went down to Axminster where we had a coffee at the famous River Cottage cafe. Took some photos of me entering and also of some of the books on sale. It was also market day apparently happens every Thursday, I did manage to resist some very beautiful curtain material. Went to the local fabric shop where I wish I had taken photos as it was absolutely crammed with all sorts of goodies.
Arrived back at the Haymarket Hotel around 5:30pm after once again negotiating my way from Waterloo Station to find Nicole had been given some lovely flowers and a gift from the Hotel for her birthday. How nice is that!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:09 pm

    Good to see the coat is keeping you warm and protected from the sea breezes.More blue sky and sunshine, what a lucky break you are having.....I hope it continues as you head off on your trip around. How as the Lion King? LR looks a nice place with a great hinterland. keep warm. Sue





    ReplyDelete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...