Friday, November 23, 2012

Goodbye Cornwall

We left Cornwall this morning after a fantastic stay at Haybarton B&B, from the first welcome by Blair and Jill's friendliness and delicious breakfasts, our lovely  room - I could go on but would recommend a stay in Tregony at their lovely B&B without hesitation. On hearing I had forgotten my bathers, Jill found a pair for me to bring to Bath so that I could go to the spa, just how kind is that, we loved our stay in their beautiful Cornish farmhouse!



Weather not good today. Winds were very strong and apparently Bath has been experiencing more than usual rain. Everything flooded and looking like our train may not be running, hopefully everything will settle down before Saturday!!!
The local cricket field is flooded so lucky not the cricket season at the moment!


Before arriving in Bath we visited Montecute House which, despite the National Trust app I downloaded, telling me it was open we could only visit the grounds. Loved the wibbley wobbley hedge!
Once in Bath and registered in our hotel we went down to the Christmas Market so that we could see the lantern parade, very exciting, then had a lovely Moroccan dinner before wading back to the B&B. I have to say that it is getting dark very early now, 4:30pm today!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 pm

    So glad you had the bathers and was the effort worth it....do you feel rejuevenated ready for your flight home. So much rain down that part of the country. Safe trip back to us. see yoou soon luv Sue



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May need the bathers to swim home! Apparently landslip + flooding on trainline.

      Delete

Thanks for calling in. I love reading your comments and I always try to respond either by email or through the blog. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...